What is diffrence between the orignal version and the demo🤔
PSXFX - Retro Graphics for Unreal Engine 4 & 5
A downloadable asset pack for Windows
PSXFX is PS1 inspired graphics asset pack for Unreal Engine 4.24, 4.25, 4.26, 4.27, 5.0, 5.1
- (NEW in v1.2) Procedural Light Shaft Blueprint
- Polygon Draw Distance
- Screen Space Vertex Snapping
- Near Clip
- Color Quantization
- Affine Texture Mapping
- Depth Error
- Ambient Lighting
- Static Vertex Lights (up to 5 per component)
- Dynamic Vertex Lights (4 by default)
- Distance Field Vertex Lights
- Pseudo Lens Flare
- Destructible Material & Blueprint
- Camera Facing Sprite Material
- Vertex Paint Ready
Settings available in the demo:
Destructible Blueprint overview
- Some effects are not compatible with the Unreal Engine landscape. As a workaround, you can convert landscape to static mesh in the engine.
- Static vertex lights are only compatible with primitive components that support custom primitive data, for example, static and skeletal meshes.
- Static vertex lights are limited to 5 per component, which means if your level is a single large mesh you're limited to 5 lights. To get around this limitation, split your geometry into several pieces.
- Depth Error doesn't support translucent materials.
- Destructible Material requires meshes to have hard edges. Smoothing groups can be removed in the editor.
- 3D assets are included, however, they're for demonstration purposes only (you can still use them as you wish).
For questions and support, please join the discord server!
This pack is also available on the Marketplace
Related pack: Retro Particles & Lens Flares
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of £29.99 GBP. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
What do you mean by "the original version"? The demo is 2 years old. The pack has been updated multiple times.
I created a widget for the settings but they don't save. Once I run the game the settings are gone (really just trying to turn off the 'depth error'). How do I go about doing this? :)
You need to use the material parameter collection (MPC_RetroGraphics) or you can remove the material function from the master material.
I absolutely love this pack but I was wondering how I would go about making a flashlight with the static vertex lights since they do not work within the character blueprint. Thx :)
The static vertex lights should work with the character. If they don't then the collision settings might be incorrect. You should probably use a dynamic vertex light for a flashlight as static vertex lights should not be moved during gameplay. The demo character already has a flashlight implemented check it out.
You can join the Discord server if you need more help with the setup.
10/10 Pack, really worth it
Curious what it is about this that makes it unusable for development on platforms other than Windows? I’m new to Unreal so I’m not really sure how “asset packs” like this work. Super nice work though, regardless.
Theoretically, it should work on any platform supported by Unreal Engine but I have no way of testing it at the moment.
I'm not a user of Unreal Engine but I was interested enough in how things like this work so I downloaded the demo and I was pretty stunned at how in a few clicks I could transform it into Silent Hill (with exploding barrels and a cubic football of course.)
I am very impressed with how easy it was to use and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone that are looking to create games with this look.
What is your license information? Is this only useable for 1 project or multiple?
This asset pack is also sold on the Marketplace, so I'll link you to their license. The same applies to the Itch version.
Can i use this without the vertex lighting feature, as I'd like to retain the high quality lighting from unreal engine?
Amazing everything. Great support and great product. Marcis answered my questions right away and helped me implement it quick.
Amazing, really hope to see more games with this style!
i am lost in words to praise this awesome assets, this is truly what i've been dream for years. sure it is not free product but this is a price for a something you'll benefit if you into ps1 graphics. now take my money Marics!
This is truly amazing. I might pickup the Unreal Engine because of this.
I would love to see someone re-create a modern mmofps with psx styled graphics.
This is a fantastic package. It captures the PSX vibe perfectly with lots of room for customization. There's a lot in here that you can learn from. It's also packaged in such a way that you can break it up and integrate into your own project easily. Marcis is also great at answering questions.